Overview of the notary e-journal
This overview of the Astrean e-journal consists of three sections
- Input type selector. In addition to standard "manual journal" mode, Astrean's RON platform automatically adds entries from electronic notarizations (RON, RIN and IPEN) conducted on the Astrean platform.
- Previous notarizations. This section lists all the notary journal entries previously entered into your Astrean e-journal.
- Add a journal entry. This section is designed to collect required information for your journal.
Input type selector
This very brief section at the very top of the Notary Journal page contains a toggle switch that allows notaries to select the type of journal entries they wish to manage:
- Manual journal. This is the default setting and is where notaries may manually add entries to their electronic journal.
- Automatic journal. When notaries use Astrean's electronic notarization (RON, RIN or IPEN) tools, e-journal entries are automatically created and stored in this view option.
This section lists all previous e-journl entries and provides a table of basic information about those entries:
- Name - this column indicates the provided title or name of the notarial event journal entry
- Type - this column indicates whether the recorded notarial event was for a signature, oath, witnessing, copy certification or apostille.
- Description - this column indicates whether the recorded notarial event was for traditional in-person manual notarization, remote online notarization (RON), remote ink-based notarization (RIN) or in-person electronic notarization (IPEN)
- Notarized by - this column indicates the name of the notary
- Time finished - this column indicates the date and time of the notarial event
- Actions - the "Actions" column provides a button/link to access more details about a specific notarial event recorded in the journal
Add a journal entry
This "Add a Journal Entry" section actually consists of two parts:
- Notarial event information. This provides the basic information about the notarial event, including the type of event, notarization and document, the date and time of the notarization event, and the amount charged by the notary for his or her notarization services
- Parties to notarial event. This expanded section provides detailed information about the parties to the notarial event, including how their identification documents were validated and their identities verified.
The Astrean notary e-journal provides notaries with a convenient alternative to traditional notebooks and manual journals that is more secure, private and reliable. Sections This "Add a Journal Entry" section of Astrean's Notary Validation tools consists of two...
Access to our electronic notarization (RON, RIN or IPEN) tools and to our "Uber for Notaries" marketplace requires full validation of the notary's identity and credentials. For subscribers to Astrean's Pro, Premium and Platinum tiers, notary validation is...
You won't have to do this if all you want to do is use the free basic notary e-journal and nothing else. However, you will need to set up your billing profile if you want to upgrade to one of the subscription tiers (Pro, Premium or Platinum) or if you want to use our...
To complete the setup process, Astrean users will need to complete their Profile section — especially notaries who want to use Astrean's notarization tools. In addition, your online notary directory listing will use the information you put in this section to populate...
Admins can access the Admin dashboard, where you can control access and permission levels for your Astrean team account. This tutorial will review the following options in this Admin dashboard: Access control - indicate who can login your team's Astrean account Notary...
Astrean's team structure is designed to work for different notary team settings, including... Notaries who are part of a multi-notary service that conduct notarizations for a variety of customer Notaries who work within a company and primarily notarizes documents for...
Whether you're signing up for the "free for life" Personal plan or one of our value-filled subscription tiers, the registration process is the same. Sections The sign-up process will consist of the following stages: Quick registration Email verification Team...